The increasing use of modern electronics has increased THDi demand from the source which has increased THDv of the source. This nonlinear current influences the network with harmonics, polluting the line.
The typical THDv resonates with the shunt power capacitors in PFC panels resulting undesirable effects:
• Amplification of Harmonics.
• Over Loading of Capacitors.
• Overloading of Transmission lines.
• Over Loading of Transformers.
• Voltage Distortion.
• Interference with metering, controls etc.